A big thank you to all the participants, Car Clubs, Colleen Ryan from Traffic PR, Ralph Concepcion and staff from Ravenswood Special Events, Roz Varon and Mark Giangreco from ABC Channel 7 Sponsors, Our GREAT band the Meteors, Brushmasters, Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana, members of the Kruze Steering Committee and volunteers for making the 2008 Chi-Town-Sta-Bil Kruze a HUGE success!
Over 800 cars participated in the show at the South Soldier Field there were thousands of vehicles cruising the Grant Park loop. We had a record number of spectators enjoying both the Kruze and the show.
Below is a list of the winners of the trophies. Mark Giangreco was our presenter:
- Chicagoland Ford Dealers Association Award went to Joe Potempa from Tinley Park, ILwith his 1969 Ford Mustang.
- Chicagoland & Northwest Chevy Dealers Association Award went to Dave Smith from Plainfield,IL with his 1962 Chevrolet Corvette.
- Mark Giangreco Award went to Tim Zieman from Des Plaines,IL and his 1961 Chevrolet Corvette.
- Best Display went to Eric Vera from Monee,IL for his display of his 1963 Chevrolet Impala Low Rider.
- The Gold Eagle/Sta-Bil Award went to Steve Nakovich from Burr Ridge,IL and his 1965 Mustang.
- Kids Choice Award went to Jim Scott from Midlothian,IL for his 1969 Mustang.
- People's Choice Award went to Jerry Marichal from Chicago,IL and his 1965 Chevy II.
The following were the winners of the Participants' Choice Award:
- Bob Baker from Yorkville,Il for his 1948 Chevrolet Pick Up.
- Alexandria Gundersen from Antioch, IL for her 1938 Ford Pick Up.
- Ray Brownfield from Naperville,IL for his 1966 Ford Mustang.
- Jim Durham from Elmhurst,IL for his 1947 Mercury Convertible.
- Dominic Bruno from Chicago for his 1962 Pontiac Grand Prix.
Watch for our 2009 date to be announced and have a great year!